monk7.0.0 • Public • Published
note: monk 2.x drop the support for node < 0.12. If you are still using an earlier version, stick to monk 1.x
const db = 'localhost/mydb'// or// const db = require('monk')('user:pass@localhost:port/mydb')const users = dbusersindex'name last'usersusersusersusersdb
- Well-designed API signatures
- Easy connections / configuration
- Command buffering. You can start querying right away
- Promises built-in for all queries. Easy interoperability with modules
- Auto-casting of
- Allows to set global options or collection-level options for queries. (eg:
trueby default for all queries)
Most of the Monk's features are implemented as middleware.
There are a bunch of third-parties middlewares that add even more functionalities to Monk:
Created an nice middleware? Send a PR to add to the list!
How to use