persistent event scheduler using mongo as storage
Persistent event scheduler using mongodb as storage
Provide the scheduler with some storage and timing info and it will emit events with the corresponding document at the right time
npm install mongo-scheduler
var Scheduler = require'mongo-scheduer'
var scheduler = connection options
- connectionString - mongodb connections string (i.e.: "mongodb://localhost:27017/scheduler-db") or a mongoose connection object
- options - Options object
- pollInterval - Frequency in ms that the scheduler should poll the db. Default: 3600000 (1 hour)
- doNotFire - If set to true, this instance will only schedule events, not fire them. Default: false
Schedules an event.
var event = name: 'breakfast' collection: 'meals' after: data: 'Fry'
- event - Event details
- name - Name of event that should be fired
- collection - Info about the documents this event corresponds to
- [id] - Value of the _id field of the document this event corresponds to
- [after] - Time that the event should be triggered at, if left blank it will trigger the next time the scheduler polls
- [query] - a MongoDB query expression to select records that this event should be triggered for
- [data] <Object|Primitive> - Data that is passed in as the second argument to the event handler
console.logcookingMethods + " the " + mealingredients
- eventName - Name of event
- handler - handler
If the scheduler encounters an error it will emit an 'error' event. In this case the handler, will receive two arguments: the Error object, and the event doc (if applicable).