Download latest Yocto Image for Intel Edison
Follow these guidelines and come back after Setting Up Wifi
Install this software
- Following the instructions from before, get to the shell terminal on your Edison
- Type "cd ~" and hit enter
- Type "npm install meshblu-j5-edison" and hit enter
- That last step will take awhile, so get some coffee.
- After it finishes installing you need to move the contents of /node_modules/meshblu-j5-edison up to /node_app_slot
- Type "mv node_modules/meshblu-j5-edison/* /node_app_slot" then hit enter
- Type "reboot" and hit enter.
Set up In Octoblu
- Log into app.octoblu.com from the same network your edison is connected through
- Goto the "Connect" page
- Click on "Add Node"
- Select "Generic Device"
- It should discover a device type "edison-io" with a UUID, select that.
- Name it and save it.
- Restart your edison.
- Now you should be able to start using your edison-io node in the designer!