A LYNX full node for building applications and services with Node.js. A node is extensible and can be configured to run additional services. At the minimum a node has an interface to LYNX Core with additional indexing for more advanced address queries. Additional services can be enabled to make a node more useful such as exposing new APIs, running a block explorer and wallet service.
sudo apt-get install build-essential libcurl4-gnutls-dev curl npm nodejs-legacysudo npm install -g n && sudo n 8 && bashnpm install lynxcore-node
Note: For your convenience, we distribute bitcoind binaries for x86_64 Linux and x86_64 Mac OS X. Upon npm install, the binaries for your platform will be downloaded. For more detailed installation instructions, or if you want to compile the project yourself, then please see the Bitcore branch of LYNX Core with additional indexing.
- GNU/Linux x86_32/x86_64, or OSX 64bit (for bitcoind distributed binaries)
- Node.js v0.10, v0.12 or v4
- ZeroMQ (libzmq3-dev for Ubuntu/Debian or zeromq on OSX)
- ~50GB of disk storage
- ~8GB of RAM
There are several add-on services available to extend the functionality of Bitcore:
- Upgrade Notes
- Development Environment - Guide for setting up a development environment
- Node - Details on the node constructor
- Bus - Overview of the event bus constructor
- Release Process - Information about verifying a release and the release process.
Please send pull requests for bug fixes, code optimization, and ideas for improvement. For more information on how to contribute, please refer to our CONTRIBUTING file.
Code released under the MIT license.
Copyright 2017 The LYNX Core Developers
- bitcore: Copyright (c) 2013-2015 BitPay, Inc. (MIT License)
- bitcoin: Copyright (c) 2009-2015 Bitcoin Core Developers (MIT License)