Loopback Push Notification
StrongLoop Labs projects provide early access to advanced or experimental functionality. In general, these projects may lack usability, completeness, documentation, and robustness, and may be outdated. However, StrongLoop supports these projects: Paying customers can open issues using the StrongLoop customer support system (Zendesk), and community users can report bugs on GitHub.
This module provides a set of LoopBack models to enable mobile device push notifications.
Please see the full documentation: Push notifications.
NOTE: The loopback-component-push module supersedes loopback-push-notification. Please update your package.json accordingly.
- Device model and APIs to manage devices with applications and users
- Application model to provide push settings for device types such as ios and android
- Notification model to capture notification messages and persist scheduled notifications
- Optional Job to take scheduled notification requests
- Push connector that interact with device registration records and push providers such as APNS, GCM, and MPNS.
- Push model to provide high level APIs for device-independent push notifications
An example LoopBack server application is provided.
To run it:
cd example/server node app
Open your browser to http://127.0.0.1:3010.
By default, the app uses an in-memory store for the application/installation data. To change to a MongoDB instance, set the MONGODB environment variable to the MongoDB URL. For example,
MONGODB=mongodb://localhost/demo node app
The iOS example app uses LoopBack the LoopBack iOS SDK to enable and handle push notifications.
The Android example app uses LoopBack Android SDK to enable and handle push notifications.