Logitech G29 Racing Wheel for Node
- Subscribe to wheel, pedal, and shifter events.
- Activate simple force feedback effects.
- Set wheel auto-centering and range.
- Customize shift indicator LEDs.
Node version 4.0.0 or greater.
Make sure your wheel's platform mode switch is set to PS3.
This library uses node-hid behind the scenes. If your OS and Node version are listed under platform support then you'll have the easiest install experience. If not, you may need to consult node-hid's compiling from source guide.
npm install logitech-g29
Ubuntu users will most likely want to remove the
sudo requirement of interfacing with the wheel. This can be easily accomplished by creating a file at
/etc/udev/rules.d/99-hidraw-permissions.rules with the following code. After saving the file, reboot and then you can move on to more fun tasks.
KERNEL=="hidraw*", SUBSYSTEM=="hidraw", MODE="0664", GROUP="plugdev"
Let's have some fun and make our wheel LEDs light up when we press the gas pedal.
var g =g
Vroom vroom sounds optional but encouraged. ^_^
Looking to contribute? Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Report any issues on GitHub.
- Contact Daniel with improvement ideas and/or send a pull request.
- Hook up your G29 wheel to something on the internet and wow the IoT community.
- Share this library with other Logitech loving folks.
Not sure where you can help? Don't worry. Just by using this library, you are making the world a neater place. ^_^
MIT © Daniel Gagan