Add letter spacing to strings, for the browser and node.js. With or without
- Easy to use npm module to add letter spacing to strings with configurable spacing width
- Various variants of spacing, including a 2D version
- Promisified method versions for modern codebases
- Secure and trusted
- Meets the ideals of code-reuse and dependency management
- Comes with guarantees (see below)
|Latest ✔||Latest ✔||Latest ✔||Latest ✔||Latest ✔||lol ❌|
For illustration purposes only.
$ yarn add letter-spacing
$ npm install letter-spacing
const spaced =let example = 'YOU PUT AT RISK MILLIONS OF PEOPLE'processstdout
Y O U P U T A T R I S K M I L L I O N S O F P E O P L E
y e s , e v e n w e b s c a l e
Space the text and convert it to uppercase.
C O D E L E V E L X 1 0
Print the text as a nice box.
a c c i d e n t a l l y q u a d r a t i c c i c t i a d r e d n a t u a q l l y y l l q a u t a n d e r d a i t c i c c i t a r d a u q y l l a t n e d i c c a
Print the text as a cube.
W I L L I T B L E N D I N N L E E L L L B B I T T T I I B L L L E L L N I I D N E L B T I L L I W W N I I E L L L L L B I I T T T I B B L L L L E E I N N W I L L I T B L E N D
Reverses the string before spacing.
l o l
Welcome to the promised land. The functions above are also available in promised versions:
let str = await
I guaranty the following as soon as this package is required by lots of other packages:
- I probably will not pass over this repository to someone unknown with no credibility from china (or for the matter of fact, every other country) when i'm no longer interested in this
- I likely might not delete this package when npmjs hurts my feelings
- If there will be minified code in the package as distributed on npmjs it will come from the same source code or a different source code as in this repository
- There is no
- I most likely will not try to mitigate my terrible mistake of not buying bitcoins when they were like 100000 for 5 Euro by stealing your precious cryptocurrency
This guarantee will always be valid until the exact moment. Void where prohibited or when I change my mind.
- Code of Conduct (coming soon)
letter-spacing is inspired by await-sleep. Ultimately letter-spacing is an effort to provide a
await-sleep-like one liner(s) module for use outside of sanity.
Some other inspirations were left-pad, event-stream, flatmap-stream and /r/programmingcirclejerk, especially the comments in the discussion about this package
If you didn't got it by now
This package is meant as a joke. If you seriously consider using this in one of your projects, you should be banned 5 meters from every device which can be programmed, including your microwave oven.
- I’m harvesting credit card numbers and passwords from your site. Here’s how.
- NPM & left-pad: Have We Forgotten How To Program?
- I don't know what to say
The point is: Don't blindly add random npm packages, especially if they contain code you could easily duplicate into your own project like the oneliners from this project.
This packages might be fit for some purpose but it is hereby declared unfit for any purpose. If you don't understand, you probably shouldn't use this package. If you do, you probably wouldn't use this package.