Loads local files (GeoJSON, GPX, KML) into the map using the HTML5 FileReader API, without server call !
- A simple map control
- The user can browse a file locally
- It is read locally (
FileReader) and converted to GeoJSON
- And loaded as a layer eventually!
Check out the demo !
For GPX and KML files, it currently depends on Tom MacWright's togeojson.js.
var map = L;
var control = LControl;
- Better plugin packaging and dependencies
- Adding bower support (thanks @george-silva)
- Adding support for custom geoJson layers (thanks @MuellerMatthew)
- Treating json files as geoJson (thanks @Jmuccigr)
- Load multiple files (thanks @jens-duttke)
- Support whitelist for file formats (thanks CJ Cenizal)
data:error event (thanks @joeybaker)
- Fix multiple uploads (thanks @joeybaker)
addToMap option (thanks @joeybaker)
(* Did not release version 0.2 to prevent conflicts with Joey's fork. *)
- Mathieu Leplatre
- Joey Baker http://byjoeybaker.com
- CJ Cenizal
- Matthew Mueller
- George Silva
- Simon Bats