jquery-comments is a jQuery plugin for implementing an out-of-the-box commenting solution to any web application with an existing backend. It provides all the UI functionalities and ties them to callbacks that let you easily define what you want to do with the data. The library is highly customizable and very easy to integrate thanks to a wide variety of settings.
- Commenting, replying (nested comments), editing, deleting and upvoting
- Enabling/disabling functionalities
- Time formatting
- Field mappings
- Fully responsive and mobile compatible
- Miscellaneous settings
1) Add the following to your HTML file
<!-- Optional -->
2) Initialize the library
If you are not using Font Awesome for icons, you should replace the icons with custom images by overriding following options when initializing the library:
spinnerIconURL: 'img/spinner.gif'upvoteIconURL: 'img/upvote-icon.png'replyIconURL: 'img/reply-icon.png'noCommentsIconURL: 'img/no-comments-icon.png'
- jQuery >= 1.9.0
- Font Awesome (optional)
- Joona Tykkyläinen, Viima Solutions Oy
IE9+ and all modern browsers