For more info, please visit the docs site at http://slexaxton.github.com/Jed.
I also maintain messageformat.js. If you don't specifically need a gettext implementation, I might suggest using MessageFormat instead, as it has better support for plurals/gender and has built-in locale data.
Jed doesn't include a Gettext file parser, but several third-party parsers exist that can have their output adapted for Jed.
Just search the npm repository, there are several PO and MO file parsers available.
Jed Gettext Parser is the only known browser MO file parser, and it also works in Node, and outputs Jed-compatible data directly.
- Build time generation of plural form functions
- Web interface for building translation sets
- Code introspection for default values
You may use this software under the WTFPL.
You may contribute to this software under the Dojo CLA - http://dojofoundation.org/about/cla
- Alex Sexton - @slexaxton - http://alexsexton.com/
A good chunk of sanity checking was done against the gettext.js tests. That was written by:
- Joshua I. Miller
The sprintf implementation is from:
- Alexandru Marasteanu <alexaholic [at) gmail (dot] com>