:fire: The hottest CLI for React Native: boilerplates, plugins, generators, and more. :fire:
Why Ignite CLI?
- Easily spin up a new React Native app with best practices built-in
- No runtime! This is a developer tool only, not a library you have to depend on and figure out how to upgrade
- An ever-expanding list of boilerplates and plugins to jump-start your app
- An amazing community of other Ignite / React Native developers when you need help
- Battle tested and used every day by the developers at Infinite Red and thousands of developers around the world
- Works on macOS, Windows, and Linux because not all React Native developers are on one platform
- Saves an average of two weeks on your React Native development
First, make sure you're set up for React Native
Make sure you have a reasonably recent version of Node (7.6+ minimum). You can check your version of node by running
$ node -v
Install Yarn for your system.
$ yarn global add ignite-cli$ ignite new MyNewAppName
Infinite Red provides two primary boilerplates; they are:
- Andross - the tried and true (React Navigation, Redux, & Redux Saga)
- Bowser - the latest and greatest (React Navigation, MobX State Tree, & TypeScript). Why MST over redux?
Watch Jamon Holmgren's talk at React Live Amsterdam where he uses Ignite Bowser to build an app in less than 30 minutes:
$ yarn global add ignite-cli$ ignite new PizzaApp$ cd PizzaApp$ ignite generate screen pizza-location-list$ ignite generate component pizza-location$ ignite --help
$ yarn global add ignite-cli$ ignite new PizzaApp$ cd PizzaApp$ ignite add maps$ ignite add vector-icons$ ignite generate screen PizzaLocationList$ ignite generate component PizzaLocation$ ignite generate map StoreLocator$ ignite add i18n$ ignite remove i18n$ ignite --help
Jamon's React Native Amsterdam TrailBlazers Demo App
📋 Documentation 📋
- Want to dive into the Ignite CLI documentation? Go here
- Looking for React Native's documentation? Go here.
🔌 Plugins 🔌
Check out the list of Plugins.
🍽 Boilerplates 🍽
Check out the list of Boilerplates.
$ ignite new MyNewAppName -b ir-boilerplate
💩 Troubleshooting 💩
If you run into problems, first search the issues in this repository. If you don't find anything, you can either file an issue or come talk to our friendly and active developers in the Infinite Red Community Slack (community.infinite.red).
🔭 Where to Go From Here 🔭
Watch a live coding talk using Ignite and Ignite Bowser
Contribute to Ignite CLI - Getting up and running for your first pull request
Chat with us on the IR Community - Infinite Red devs standing by
Who are We? - Learn More About Infinite Red
Project Web Page - Ignite on Infinite Red
Check out Gluegun - Ignite CLI is powered by Gluegun, which lets you build CLI apps painlessly!
Installing React Native on macOS - Get set up for React Native development on macOS
Installing React Native on Windows 10 - Get set up for React Native development on Windows 10
❤️ Special Thanks ❤️
Ignite CLI, as an open source project, is free to use and always will be. To help support providing Ignite CLI and boilerplates for free, Infinite Red offers premium React Native app design/development services. Get in touch here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.