Open your Hyper terminal from anywhere with a global hotkey.
hyperterm-visor to the list of
Note: I know I need to change the name, but I can't well and call it
~/.hyper.js, you can define your hotkey (required) and the position (optional) you want your visor to be. It automatically will open on the screen where your mouse is.
modulesexports =config:// other config...visor:hotkey: 'CommandOrControl+Shift+Z'position: 'top' // or left, right, bottomwidth: 200 // Optional, defaults to half of viewable area for horizontal positions, 100% for verticalheight: 900 // Optional, defaults to half of viewable area for vertical positions, 100% for horizontal// ...;
You can define hotkeys as specified in the Electron Accelerator docs.
- Better customization of where you can make the terminal appear.
- Option to always open on a specific monitor, etc.
- Double press mod keys to activate (i.e. hit Ctrl twice to activate).
- Create window if all windows have been closed.
- It always uses the most recently open window as your visor window.
- If all windows have been closed, it won't do anything until you manually open a new window.
This is pretty basic in its current form, and I'm labeling it as a beta as I use it and patch up edge cases, etc. I will build out more functionality and beef up this README as we go.
Starting with version
0.3.0, I have been documenting changes via GitHub's release tab.