A configurable web client for geo-applications. Uses OpenLayers 3. Suitable for mobile devices.
that supports both desktop and mobile web browsers and features a responsive design.
For a screenshot of the mobile view see below.
What can GUIDE4YOU do for you?
With the basic system GUIDE4YOU can:
- Display maps like Openstreetmap, OpenTopoMap, or OpenCycleMap
- Use OSM, WMS, WFS, KML, GPX (others follow)
- Measure areas and distances
- Display your location
- Print the current view on a single page
- Overlay a base map with points of interest and the like
- Configure a set of base maps and overlays to choose from
- Allow for different languages
With additional modules it can also:
- URLAPI module: Generate links so you can share a certain view of a map. That view can include a location marker and a description of the location in question.
- Search module: Search for locations using Nominatim. Alternatively you can customize this module to use other engines.
- Edit GPX data (coming soon)
Why use GUIDE4YOU?
Compared to alternative software GUIDE4YOU provides a couple of interesting features:
- Highly customizable
- Support for new languages can easily be added
- Icons are vector graphics (SVG) so they can be scaled to whatever size seems suitable
- No separate mobile and desktop versions
- Easily extensible
Which browsers are supported?
All modern browsers including
- Edge and Internet Explorer 10+
How to install and build GUIDE4YOU?
Install guide4you from npm or clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/KlausBenndorf/guide4you.git
Then switch into the
guide4you directory and install all dependecies using
Then build with a configuration of your choice
npm run build conf/simple
If you want to develop you can use the dev server script, which listens on port 8080 by default