Combine media queries
Combine matching media queries into one media query definition. Useful for CSS generated by preprocessors using nested media queries.
This was written as a solution to a problem we have using LESS CSS for our mobile first sites.
This plugin requires Grunt
If you haven't used Grunt before, be sure to check out the Getting Started guide, as it explains how to create a Gruntfile as well as install and use Grunt plugins. Once you're familiar with that process, you may install this plugin with this command:
npm install grunt-combine-media-queries --save-dev
The "cmq" task
In your project's Gruntfile, add a section named
cmq to the data object passed into
Log processed media queries.
In this example, all the css files in
test are processed and moved to the folder
In lieu of a formal styleguide, take care to maintain the existing coding style. Add unit tests for any new or changed functionality. Lint and test your code using Grunt.
- 13-02-14 - v1.0.12
- 13-02-14 - v1.0.11
- 13-02-14 - v1.0.10
- 28-10-13 - v1.0.9 - Support dynamic mapping
- 28-10-13 - v1.0.8 - Package.json fix
- 27-10-13 - v1.0.7 - Package.json fix
- 01-09-13 - v1.0.6 - Comments are now preserved in CSS output.
- 30-07-13 - v1.0.2 - Ordering now done by min-width, min-height, max-width, max-height and print.
- 26-07-13 - v1.0.1 - Breaking change task name changed to
- 26-07-13 - v1.0.0 - Initial release. Currently only works for CSS written mobile-first and will only order by 'min-width'.