npm install -g yo generator-python-poetry-vscode
Then, you'll need to install Poetry. Follow the instructions on the project's website.
Then generate your new project:
python-poetry-vscode Yeoman generator provides the following:
Poetry-like Python package scaffolding, with source and test files.
Visual Studio Code configuration for Python, including:
License file (courtesy of
- Python package README.md
- asdf/pyenv file
- optional mypy
- optional linting (pylint)
- optional ci (github actions)
- poe tasks
- optional main
- retrieve latest python dependencies (optional?)
python-poetry-vscode generator does its best to ask as few questions as
possible without having an educatedly guessed default answer.
Educated guesses are made based on the environment the generator runs in, for
instance the git configuration or the currently installed version of a
dependency. A great source of infomration is an existing
it's there that most of the unguessable answers are saved, like the Python
Furthermore, the vast majority of interactive prompts are also available as command-line options. If the CLI options are given, the prompts aren't displayed.
- Yeoman has a heart of gold.
- Yeoman is a person with feelings and opinions, but is very easy to work with.
- Yeoman can be too opinionated at times but is easily convinced not to be.
- Feel free to learn more about Yeoman.
GPL-3.0 © Davide Laezza