Gatewayd (pronounced "gateway-dee") connects payments between Ripple and other Ledgers
according to pre-set and dynamic rules, and maintains a historical database of payments
through the gateway.
npm install -g email@example.com
- The express web module is used to serve HTTP/JSON endpoints
- A Basic Auth strategy is used for authentication of users, admin.
- Several NPM modules must be globally installed: db-migrate, pg, forever, and mocha
- The easiest way to get started with Postgres is by launching a free database hosted by Heroku
- For local development on Mac the simplest installation is via the Postgres App by Heroku.
- On Linux, you can generally install Postgres from your distro's package manager
- Ripple REST API
- The Ripple REST API provides a simplified HTTP/JSON interface to all the Ripple protocol network operations, such as payments and other transactions.
The update process for gatewayd may change in the future, but for now, updating to a new version follows this process:
- Install any new npm modules needed by the new version
npm install -g gatewayd
- Apply schema changes to the database, if the new version includes any.
- Restart the gatewayd processes. (This ends downtime)
Gatewayd uses the $HOME/.gatewayd directory for configuration.
To specify a different directory, use the $GATEWAYD_PATH environment variable
Initializers are functions that configure Gatewayd once each upon startup.
Initializers are loaded from the directory at