An ETL framework for node.js.
Extraload is an ETL (EXtract, TRAnsform, LOAD) framework for Node.js. In plain English, it's a tool for taking data from one or more sources, performing any needed manipulations, and storing the transformed data somewhere else.
Common use cases
- Importing data from XML or CSV files into a database
- Migrating data from one database to another (for example, when switching forum software)
- Updating Solr or Lucene indexes
- Scripts should be fast. They are.
- Supporting different data sources and databases should be easy. Extraload drivers are usually thin wrappers around pre-existing Node.js modules, making it quick and easy to support something new.
npm install extraload
- Install any dependencies needed for the drivers you're using. Find these on the reference pages below.