yarn add eslint-config-slalom --dev
Why another eslint config?
I wanted an eslint config to fit the following criteria:
- doesn't require me to install multiple eslint plugins (e.g.
- doesn't require me to have unnecessary / unneeded plugins just to turn things off (e.g.
- had a minimal, clean, but reasonable ruleset that enforces readable code (which is why this is based off of
- ...but also doesn't have extra/separate configs or plugins to extend certain rules (e.g.
- reaches code-quality rules and leaves formatting to Prettier
- contains no rules that conflict with Prettier, nor stylistic rules you can set to your liking with Prettier
- does not require any other eslint config or plugin
- focuses on readable code and code-quality rules
I use this with
eslint-plugin-prettier to set formatting rules. I also recommend
eslint-plugin-unicorn which checks a nice set of rules.