Markdown editing in Etherpad
- Use the normal editbar buttons to add markdown.
- Import as Markdown (automatically applies styling / text attributes).
- Export as Markdown.
To enable Markdown view click Settings -> Markdown
This plugin is not designed for you to write Markdown and it format that markdown with styling. So you can't expect to type **blah** and expect to see blah in bold. You can however type blah, set it as bold and then click "Show as Markdown" and it will show **bold**. I will not be adding support for supporting typing in markdown which will render to a style because it will be impossible to handle character control.
Setting as default
Paste the below into your settings.
- Support ALL styles fully (please let me know what does / doesn't work)
- Create markdown icon for export menu
- Better code block support (currently it's line by line)
- Import Markdown (and it applies formatting automatically)