Open-sourced terminal/ssh/telnet/serialport/sftp client(linux, mac, win).
- Works as a terminal/file manager or ssh/telnet/serialport/sftp client
- Global hotkey to toggle window visibility (similar to guake, default is
ctrl + 2)
- Multi platform(linux, mac, win)
🇺🇸 🇨🇳 🇧🇷 🇷🇺 🇪🇸 🇫🇷 🇹🇷 🇭🇰 🇯🇵 🇸🇦 🇩🇪 🇰🇷Multi-language support(electerm-locales, contributions/fixes welcome)
- Double click to directly edit (small) remote files.
- Auth with publicKey + password.
- Support Zmodem(rz, sz).
- Support Trzsz(trz/tsz), similar to rz/sz, and compatible with tmux.
- Transparent window(Mac, win).
- Terminal background image.
- Global/session proxy.
- Quick commands
- UI/terminal theme
- Sync bookmarks/themes/quick commands to github/gitee secret gist
- Quick input to one or all terminals.
- Command line usage: check wiki
- From release: https://github.com/electerm/electerm/releases
- For Mac user:
brew install --cask electerm
- With snap:
sudo snap install electerm --classic
- For some Linux distribution, you can find it from OS default App store(Ubuntu, Deepin, Mint...).
- For some linux OS, the
snaprelease may not work, you can try the
- For Windows users, you can install it from windows store, command-line installer winget and scoop is also recommended:
# winget https://github.com/microsoft/winget-cli winget install electerm # scoop https://github.com/lukesampson/scoop scoop bucket add dorado https://github.com/chawyehsu/dorado scoop install dorado/electerm
- Install from npm
npm i -g electerm # after installation, it will immediately open for windows and linux, # for macOS, it will open the drag to install panel
- Auto upgrade: When a new version is released, you will get an upgrade notification after you start electerm again. You can then click the upgrade button to upgrade.
- Download: Just download the latest edition, reinstall.
- Npm: If you install from npm, just run
npm i -g electermagain.
- If use Snap or some other distribution system, these systems may provide upgrades.
Sponsor this project
# tested in ubuntu16.04+/mac os 10.13+ only # needs nodejs/npm, suggest using nvm to install nodejs/npm # https://github.com/creationix/nvm # with nodejs 16+ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:electerm/electerm.git cd electerm npm i # start webpack dev server, requires port 5570 npm start # in a separate terminal session run app npm run app # code format check npm run lint # code format fix npm run fix
npm run pre-test cp .sample.env .env # edit .env, fill your test host/username/password, may only works in mac OS npm run test
# Tested only in ubuntu 16.04 x64+ # Install yarn first(to do yarn autoclean) # See https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/install # Build linux only with -l npm i npm run pre-test npm run release -l # check dist/ folder