Duniter (previously uCoin) is a libre software allowing to create a new kind of P2P crypto-currencies based on individuals and Universal Dividend.
However, we are running simultaneously a testing currency.
Add your node to the network
Visit Duniter website: it gathers theoretical informations, FAQ and several useful links. If you want to learn, this is the first place to visit.
For technical documentation, refer to the
doc folder of this git repository.
Talk about/get involved in Duniter project
If you wish to participate/debate on Duniter, you can:
- visit Duniter Forum
- join XMPP chatroom xmpp://email@example.com
- contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- subscribe to a mailing list for Duniter node's administrators
Duniter is currently migrating from Typescript to Rust. This migration is being done gradually via a NodeJs<->Rust binding provided by Neon. The fact of migrating from code to Rust is commonly called "oxidation", so we speak of "Duniter's oxidation".
The long-term goal is to oxidize Duniter entirely, but it is a long process that will take several years.
Duniter is divided into several git repositories:
- Duniter: this repository.
- Dubp-rs-libs: Set of Rust libraries common to Duniter and a possible future Rust client/wallet.
- Web admin: web administration interface (optional).
- GVA: Future client API aimed to replace BMA. GVA stands for GraphQL Validation API.
- Currency monit: charts to monitor currency and web of trust state.
- Remuniter: service to remunerate blocks issuers.
This software is distributed under GNU AGPLv3.