dredd11.1.0 • Public • Published
Dredd — HTTP API Testing Framework
Dredd is a language-agnostic command-line tool for validating API description document against backend implementation of the API.
Dredd reads your API description and step by step validates whether your API implementation replies with responses as they are described in the documentation.
Supported API Description Formats
- API Blueprint
- OpenAPI 2 (formerly known as Swagger)
- OpenAPI 3 (experimental, contributions welcome!)
Supported Hooks Languages
Dredd supports writing hooks — a glue code for each test setup and teardown. Following languages are supported:
- Didn't find your favorite language? Add a new one!
$ npm install -g dredd
Run interactive configuration:$ dredd init
Run Dredd:$ dredd
To see how to use all Dredd's features, browse the full documentation.
Howtos, Tutorials, Blogposts (3rd party)
- Dredd - Language-agnostic HTTP API Testing Tool - Interview with Honza Javorek 3/22/2019
- Testing your API with Dredd 9/27/2018
- Writing Testable API Documentation Using APIB and Dredd (Rails) 6/29/2018
- Design-first API Specification Workflow Matures 3/1/2018
- Writing and testing API specifications with API Blueprint, Dredd and Apiary 12/04/2017
- Testing an API Against its Documentation 11/23/2017
- Keeping Documentation Honest 11/21/2017
- Apiary designed APIs tested using Dredd 09/20/2017
- Dredd + Swagger for REST API testing 01/24/2017
- Testing Your API Documentation With Dredd 08/08/2016
- DREDD API Tester works with API Blueprints 07/05/2016
- Documentation driven API Development using Laravel, Dredd and Apiary 06/21/2016
- Dredd v1.1.0: A Bit Different 06/20/2016
- Dredd: Do Your HTTP API Justice 01/28/2015