Create new library
Before all, you have to create a new library.
To make this, read the instructions reported here
Instructions for your new library
Grunt command list
When your library is ready, you can use the following grunt commands:
|grunt lint||Run es-lint to check that code respects the style guide. Single run task.|
|grunt test||Run unit test. Single run task.|
|grunt coverage||Run unit test, calculate coverage, run a local server to display the coverage report and wait. When a file is changed (in "example", "src" or "test" folder), the test re-run and the server is reloaded.
P.S. to read coverage, open "lcov-report" folder in browser.
|grunt docx||Create temporary documentation, run a local server to display it and wait. When a file is changed (in "modules" folder), the documentation is re-created and the server is reloaded.|
|grunt serve||Run a local server on "example" folder. When a file is changed (in "example" or "src" folder), the server is reloaded.|
|grunt travis||Create a new build, run unit test, calculate coverage, send coverage to coveralls, run es-lint and create a temporary documentation. (This command can be executed only on Travis; it's useful to check if build is successful).|
|grunt version||Create a new build, run unit test, calculate coverage, run es-lint, create a new version (major, minor or patch), create a new official documentation.|
How to create a new feature
We use Git flow to create a new feature or make an hotfix.
- Create a new feature branch from "develop" branch
git checkout develop git checkout -b feature/newfeature
- Commit and push on feature branch
- When the feature is ready, merge feature branch on "develop", resolving possible conflicts
- Delete local and remote feature branch, after merge
git branch -d feature/newfeature git push origin :feature/newfeature
- When a new version of your_library is ready to be created, read the section below
How to create a new version
- When the "develop" branch contains new features ready for production, create a new pull request from develop to master branch
- Check the code with other developers and when you are ready, merge!
- On "master" branch use this grunt command
- We use Semantic Versioning to create a new version
- You can choose between a major version, a minor version or a patch
? Current: 1.1.0 - Choose a new version for this library: (Use arrow keys) âŻ No new version Major Version (2.0.0) Minor Version (1.2.0) Patch (1.1.1)
- Describe the features of this new version, seperating them with semicolons
? Features for version 1.1.0 (use ";" to separate features): ()
- Commit and push CHANGELOG and bower.json
git commit -a -m "New feature" git push origin master
- Create a new git tag with the name of new version and push this
git tag 2.0.0 git push --tags origin
- Push new documentation
git subtree push --prefix docs origin gh-pages
- The new version is ready!
How to read documentation
To read documentation of your library, open
http://d-mobilelab.github.io/(yourlibrary)/temp replacing temp with version number.
For example, for version 1.0.0, open