This is an example app used to showcase Cypress.io testing. The application uses every API command in Cypress for demonstration purposes. Additionally this example app is configured to run tests in various CI platforms. The tests are also heavily commented. For a full reference of our documentation, go to docs.cypress.io.
To see the kitchen sink application, visit example.cypress.io.
Help + Testing
If you get stuck, here is more help:
1. Fork this repo
If you want to experiment with running this project in Continous Integration, you'll need to fork it first.
After forking this project in
Github, run these commands:
git clone https://github.com/<your-username>/cypress-example-kitchensink.git
npm start script will spawn a webserver on port
8080 which hosts the Kitchen Sink App.
You can verify this by opening your browser and navigating to:
You should see the Kitchen Sink App up and running. We are now ready to run Cypress tests.
2. Install & write tests in Cypress
Follow these instructions to install and write tests in Cypress.
Check out the Contributing Guideline.
- add platform check to cy.exec() example
- fix typo
- eslint tests and js script
- updated .prev html to match test
- added contributing doc
- updated for cypress 0.20.0
- added new cy commands
- update support files for new scaffolding
- added stubs, spies, clocks example, fix cy.readFile
- bump up default config values
- prevent file server caching
- renamed Fixtures section to Files
- added examples for writeFile
- added example for readFile
- added examples for using modifier keys on cy.type
- fixed some formatting
- rename commandTimeout -> defaultCommandTimeout
- remove spacejam visit, use https
- added cy.screenshot example
- added cy.exec() command examples
- fix for clearing 3rd party cookies after visit
- removed methods on Cypress.Cookies
- removed selenium references
- added examples of new cypress cookie commands
- removed relative cy.visit which causes errors on new projects
- updated node version to 5.10.0
- renamed visitTimeout option to pageLoadTimeout
- updated links to be https
- added cy.reload(true) example