Create React WP Theme
Still Up to Date
Mar. 19, 2020
It's been a while, so I thought I'd just let everyone know that v3.4.0 of
Create-React-App is still the latest. I'll keep my eye on it and update this project whenever Facebook releases a new version.
Michael Soriano is writing a tutorial for creating a theme using React. He uses
create-react-wptheme for the initial setup. He provides a lot more detail than this
readme and the screen shots are really helpful.
Check it out:
Let's build a WordPress theme with React: Part 1 (Setup)
See the full README on Github.
- Remove WebPackDevServer and use your WordPress dev server instead.
- Also, do not proxy the WordPress server.
- Thus removing CORS as a concern.
- Maintain feature parity(ish) with
- Touch the original
react-scriptsas little as possible.
- Add new files where possible.
- This will make merges easier.
I'm grateful to the authors of existing related projects for their ideas and collaboration:
I used this as an example for writing my own plugin for watching changes to the create-react-app "public" folder.
Create React WP Theme is open source software licensed as MIT.