- Entities & Components - A clean and decoupled way to organize game elements. No inheritance needed!
- Eventbinding - Event system for custom events that can be triggered whenever, whatever and bound just as easily.
- No dom manipulation or custom drawing routines required.
- Thriving community - Help is readily available in the forum.
- Community modules - A growing collection of user-generated code you can use.
A simple game of pong:
Crafty;Craftybackground'rgb(127,127,127)';//PaddlesCraftycolor'rgb(255,0,0)';Craftycolor'rgb(0,255,0)';//BallCraftycolor'rgb(0,0,255)';//Score boardsCraftytext"0 Points";Craftytext"0 Points";
Left paddle is controlled by
S, right paddle by
Check it out online and try to modify it yourself here.
If you want to fix a bug, please submit a pull request against the development branch. Some guides to help you can be found on the wiki
If you would like to make larger contributions please catch us in the forum and we will help you get started. Much appreciated :-)
Quick build instructions
The easiest way to build crafty uses gruntjs, which requires node and npm. If you have grunt, node, and npm already installed, then run
npm install from Crafty's root directory. (This will pull down about 30MB of node packages.) From then on, just run
grunt to build.
You can also use yarn instead of npm.