Colorful logging in NodeJS.
Colourful logging in node.js
This version is a rework of the original library with two new main features:
- Mechanism to create custom appenders (file, console, online services..) using NPM. There are some built-in appenders too
- Filter message to log (based on the log level)
npm install coolog
var coolog = require'../index.js';coologaddChannelname: 'root'level: 'debug'appenders:'console';var logger = coologlogger'main.js' 'root'; //root is optionallogger.log'Message or obj' ;logger.error'Message or obj' ;logger.warn'Message or obj' ;logger.info'Message or obj' ;loggerdebug'Message or obj' ;loggerok'Message or obj' ;
See test/test.js file for more info.
Add a new channel to coolog. You can specify the name, the level of the channel (debug, warn...) and the appenders to use.
This method create a new logger.
- filename is the name of the file (used in the log message)
- Channel is optional. If you don't specify this parameter coolog assign this logger to the default channel (root).
Developers can create custom appenders.
In coolog an appender is just a module that exports a function
settings is a variable which contains the options specified by the user in the coolog.json file.
The function should export an object with a
The method should has this sign
- level_name is the level of the message (debug, log, info, warn, error, ok)
- channel_name is the name of the channel
- filename is the name of the file in which the function has been invoked
- args is the array of the arguments passed by the user
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WIT