Convert Confluence Html export to Github Markdown
Must have pandoc command line tool
Make sure it was installed properly by doing
npm install -g confluence-to-github-markdown
confluence-to-github-markdown <htmlFilesDirectory> <attachmentsExportPath> <markdownImageReference>
Current Working Directory
"/public/assets/images/"Where to export images
"assets/images/"Image reference in markdown files
Export to HTML
Note that if the converter does not know how to handle a style, HTML to Markdown typically just leaves the HTML untouched (Markdown does allow for HTML tags).
Step by Step Guide
- Go to the space and choose Space tools > Content Tools on the sidebar.
- Choose Export. This option will only be visible if you have the 'Export Space' permission.
- Select HTML then choose Next.
- Decide whether you need to customise the export:
- Select Normal Export to produce an HTML file containing all the pages that you have permission to view.
- Select Custom Export if you want to export a subset of pages, or to exclude comments from the export.
- Export Pages
- Extract zip
- Open shell in extracted zip