Transpiler similar to SASS/SCSS/LESS/Stylus, except its 100% CoffeeScript!
body ->background 'black'color 'red'p ->font_size '12px'border_radius px 5
and get back a CSS3 stylesheet, like:
Just wrap it in this:
engine =format: true # optionalglobals: # optional: i + 'px' # a silly example of custom helpers# the cross-browser version of border_radius() is provided by the CoffeeStylesheetsCompassFramework pluginenginerender stylesheetconsolelog css
- stand-alone; NO dependencies
- eliminates double-trees server/client-side in terms of both a) templating engines, and b) template files
- yet to be benchmarked, but likely 90% faster compilation than tokenizers (stylus, less, sass)
- only one language to write; one language to teach/master; one language to rule them all!
- common functions provided by js libs available and executed in same scope as stylesheet e.g., require()
- helps eliminate intermediary steps between the initial precompilation syntax sugar and the end result
Does it only work in Node.js or client-side/in-browser as well? It is designed to be used on either side. This is why it is lightweight, with no dependencies.