A highly configurable WYSIWYG HTML editor with hundreds of features, from creating rich text content with captioned images, videos, tables, or media embeds to pasting from Word and drag&drop image upload.
Supports a broad range of browsers, including legacy ones.
npm install --save ckeditor
Use it on your website:
This is the editor content.
You can also load CKEditor 4 using CDN.
- Over 500 plugins in the Add-ons Repository.
- Pasting from Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Drag&drop image uploads.
- Media embeds to insert videos, tweets, maps, slideshows.
- Powerful clipboard integration.
- Content quality control with Advanced Content Filter.
- Extensible widget system.
- Custom table selection.
- Accessibility conforming to WCAG and Section 508.
- Over 60 localizations available with full RTL support.
The CKEditor 4 npm package comes in the
standard-all preset, so it includes all official CKEditor plugins, with those from the standard package active by default.
- CKEditor 4 demo
- API documentation
- Configuration reference
- CKEditor SDK with more samples
If you are looking for CKEditor 5, here's a link to the relevant npm package: https://www.npmjs.com/package/ckeditor5
IE / Edge
|IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Edge||latest version||latest version||latest version||latest version||latest version||latest version|
Find out more in the Browser Compatibility guide.
If you would like to help maintain the project, follow the Contribution instructions.
Copyright (c) 2003-2018, CKSource - Frederico Knabben. All rights reserved.
For licensing, see LICENSE.md or https://ckeditor.com/legal/ckeditor-oss-license