Remind users to update their browser in an unobtrusive way.
Many internet users are still using very old, out-dated browsers – most of them for no actual reason.
We want to remind these unobtrusively to update their browser.
- Provide webdesigners a unified way to tell the user that they need a newer browser to use this website in all its beauty.
- Improve the security, comfort and overall experiance of users by convincing them to update
- But: do not annoy or lock out users
How to use
Go to browser-update.org, choose the browsers you want to be notified and embed the code into your website.
Unobtrusive here means:
- We take care not to erroneously notify users by constantly tweaking the detection code
- users of small niche browsers are not notified, users who have no possibility to update are not notified
- We do not block the users form using a website in any way
- The website can be used without any additional step
- The notification will only appear once a day by default
- If the user activly closes the notification, it will reappear after a week
- Translated into >30 languages
- Giving users reasons why an up-to-date browser is important
- Only showing browsers that are available for the users operating system.
More infos, our motivation and the features can be found on our web site.
Browsers to be notified
The browsers which are currently notified in the default configuration
The page currently translated into more than 30 languages.
If you want to improve the translations or translate into a new language please
see our translation manual.