It is around 1.7kb minified and gzipped and 3kb minified, has no external dependencies, and has been tested in the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6+
It has support for
keyup events on specific keys, keyboard combinations, or key sequences.
If you would like to donate to help support Mousetrap development use Gittip.
Include mousetrap on your page before the closing
Add some keyboard events to listen for
There are a number of other similar libraries out there so what makes this one different?
- There are no external dependencies, no framework is required
- You are not limited to
keydownevents (You can specify
keyupor let Mousetrap choose for you).
- You can bind key events directly to special keys such as
*without having to specify
shift+8which are not consistent across all keyboards
- It works with international keyboard layouts
- You can bind Gmail like key sequences in addition to regular keys and key combinations
- You can programatically trigger key events with the
- It works with the numeric keypad on your keyboard
- The code is well documented/commented
Full documentation can be found at http://craig.is/killing/mice