HTML5 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template for building fast,
robust, and adaptable web apps or sites.
This project is the product of many years of iterative development and combined
community knowledge. It does not impose a specific development philosophy or
framework, so you're free to architect your code in the way that you want.
Choose one of the following options:
- Download the latest stable release from
html5boilerplate.com or a custom build from
- Clone the git repo —
git clone https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate.git - and checkout the tagged
release you'd like to use.
- HTML5 ready. Use the new elements with confidence.
- Cross-browser compatible (Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox 3.6+, IE6+).
- Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
- Includes Normalize.css for CSS
normalizations and common bug fixes.
- The latest jQuery via CDN, with a local fallback.
- The latest Modernizr build for feature detection.
- IE-specific classes for easier cross-browser control.
- Placeholder CSS Media Queries.
- Useful CSS helpers.
- Default print CSS, performance optimized.
- Protection against any stray
- An optimized Google Analytics snippet.
- Apache server caching, compression, and other configuration defaults for
- Cross-domain Ajax and Flash.
- "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
- Extensive inline and accompanying documentation.
Take a look at the documentation table of contents. This
documentation is bundled with the project, which makes it readily available for
offline reading and provides a useful starting point for any documentation you
want to write about your project.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute. Hundreds of
developers have helped make the HTML5 Boilerplate what it is today.