Bootstrap 4 Alpha 5
Bootstrap 4 with backward compatibility for older versions of Sass like Shopify.
- All features of Sass that can't be build with Shopify are replaced with buildable variants
- Use of sass-autoprefixer to get browser vendor prefixes directly in Sass without the need of recompile the css file
- Added variables.json, very useful to generate theme settings for the bootstrap variables
- Changed comment style of scss/_variables.scss to follow the annotations of Sassdoc, that makes it possible to generate the variables.json
Several quick start options are available:
- Clone the repo:
git clone https://github.com/JumpLinkNetwork/bootstrap-backward.git
- Install with npm:
npm install bootstrap-backward
- Install with Bower:
bower install bootstrap-backward
create a .scss file like theme.scss and add import sass-autoprefixer and bootstrap-backward:
npm run variablesto generate variables.json
scss scss/bootstrap-backward.scss:dist/css/bootstrap-backward.cssand compare the resulting ./dist/css/bootstrap-backward.css with ./dist/css/bootstrap.css to make sure the result is right.
See the difference between
- v4-0-0-alpha-4 - v4-0-0-alpha-4-scss-backward
- v4-0-0-alpha-4 - v4-0-0-alpha-5
- v4-0-0-alpha-5 - v4-0-0-alpha-5-scss-backward
For more information see original github repo of Bootstrap 4
Creators of this fork
Copyright and license
Code and documentation copyright 2011-2017 the Bootstrap Authors and Twitter, Inc. Code released under the MIT License. Docs released under Creative Commons.