Backgrid.js is a set of components for building semantic and easily stylable data grid widgets. It offers a simple, intuitive programming interface that makes easy things easy, but hard things possible when dealing with tabular data.
The goal of Backgrid.js is to produce a set of core Backbone UI elements that offer you all the basic displaying, sorting and editing functionalities you'd expect, and to create an elegant API that makes extending Backgrid.js with extra functionalities easy.
- No Hungarian notations.
- Solid foundation. Based on Backbone.js.
- Semantic and easily stylable. Just style with plain CSS like you would a normal HTML table.
- Low learning curve. Works with plain old Backbone models and collections. Easy things are easy, hards things possible.
- Highly modular and customizable. Components are just simple Backbone View classes, customization is easy if you already know Backbone.
- Lightweight. Extra features are separated into extensions, which keeps the bloat away.
- Good documentation.
- Well tested. Comes with 100s of test cases.
- Internet Explorer 8 
- Internet Explorer 9+
- Chrome 4+
- Safari 4+
- Firefox 4+
- Opera 9+
- : Both the desktop and mobile versions of the above browsers are supported.
- : With the exception of the Filter extension's search icon CSS.
var Territory = BackboneModel;var Territories = BackboneCollection;var territories = ;// Fetch some countries from the urlterritories;// Column definitionsvar columns =name: "id" // The key of the model attributelabel: "ID" // The name to display in the headereditable: false // By default every cell in a column is editable, but *ID* shouldn't be// Defines a cell type, and ID is displayed as an integer without the ',' separating 1000s.cell: BackgridIntegerCellname: "name"label: "Name"// The cell type can be a reference of a Backgrid.Cell subclass, any Backgrid.Cell subclass instances like *id* above, or a stringcell: "string" // This is converted to "StringCell" and a corresponding class in the Backgrid package namespace is looked upname: "pop"label: "Population"cell: "integer" // An integer cell is a number cell that displays humanized integersname: "percentage"label: "% of World Population"cell: "number" // A cell type for floating point value, defaults to have a precision 2 decimal numbersname: "date"label: "Date"cell: "date"name: "url"label: "URL"cell: "uri" // Renders the value in an HTML <a> element;// Initialize a new Grid instancevar grid =columns: columnscollection: territories;// Render the grid and attach the Grid's root to your HTML document;
Take a look here.
Are you kidding me? This is a README file. Go to the documentation to find out more :)
Copyright (c) 2013-present Cloudflare, Inc. Licensed under the MIT license.