Adds automatic browser reloading support to
brunch when using the
brunch watch command.
The plugin uses WebSocket technology to pass
compile events to browser.
Install the plugin via npm with
npm install --save auto-reload-brunch.
Or, do manual install:
package.jsonof your brunch app. Pick a plugin version that corresponds to your minor (y) brunch version.
- If you want to use git version of plugin, add
In most cases, auto-reload-brunch works out of the box without any further
configuration. Stylesheet changes will be applied seamlessly, and any other
changes will trigger a page refresh. To prevent a stylesheet from being reloaded
automatically, set the
data-autoreload="false" attribute on the stylesheet's
Brunch plugin settings
If customization is needed or desired, settings can be modified in your brunch
config file (such as
- enabled: (Boolean or Object) Defaults to
- As a boolean, turn on Auto-Reloading for any change in your project, or off entirely.
- As an object, enable Auto-Reloading for specific types of changes. Keys
are the file extensions of compiled files (
assetsto cover any other watched files that do not get compiled. When an object is used, only the types explicitly set to
truewill trigger an Auto-Reload.
- port: (Integer or Array of Integers) Defaults to
- The port to run the WebSocket server on. It will be applied automatically on the server and the client.
- If an array, it will use the first value, but automatically fail over to the next value in the array if the attempted port is already in use on the system. This allows multiple instances to run without conflict.
- delay: (Integer, in milliseconds) Optional, no default
- If your system is having race-condition type problems when the browser tries to reload immediately after a compile, use this to set a delay before the reload signal is sent.
- host: (Default: '0.0.0.0') Server's host address.
- forceRepaint: (Default: false) forcefully repaint the page after stylesheets refresh. Enabled in Chrome by default to mitigate the issue when it doesn't always update styles.
- keyPath: Optional, no default.
- Path to private key used for SSL.
- certPath: Optional, no default.
- Path to public x509 certificate.
exports.config =...# Every setting is optional.plugins:autoReload:enabled:css: onjs: onassets: offport: 123423453456delay: 200 if require'os'platform is 'win32'keyPath: 'path/to/ssl.key'certPath: 'path/to/ssl.crt'
brunch watch is running on a different machine than your
preview screen, you can set
server config variable to connect to a
brunch/websocket server running at another ip address.
You can also set the port (single integer only) and/or disable auto-reload via client-side scripting, although generally it's a better idea to use brunch config for this:
windowbrunch'auto-reload'port = 1234windowbrunch'auto-reload'disabled = true;
Custom file extensions
.js will do a full page reload. The
match option allows you to issue efficient stylesheet-only reloads for other file extensions as well.
The value of
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2012-2013 Paul Miller (http://paulmillr.com)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.