AshleshaJS is a framework to build high performance and maintainable single page web applications. It uses ExpressJS and YUI3 as foundation. It is tightly coupled with Twitter Bootstrap for the CSS framework but you can use any other framework as well.
AshleshaJS is a framework based on Express and YUI3. It helps build high performance, maintainable single page web applications based on best practices.
AshleshaJS requires NodeJS >=0.6.0, REDIS and CouchDB to be present on the machine.
Run the following command to install AshleshaJS
npm install ashleshajs -g
This will install the framework as global module.
- mkdir myapp - npm install ashleshajs - cd myapp - node ashleshajs app
This will generate an application in the directory app. Then you can build the app.
- node ashleshajs build - node ashleshajs server
This will start the server on port 8888.
Visit http://localhost:8888/ to visit the web app.
The main application file is config.js
There are three types of configuration objects.
- Configuration that resides only on server
- Configuration that resides only on client
- Configuration that is common to both