AshleshaJS is a framework based on Express and YUI3. It helps build high performance, maintainable single page web applications based on best practices.
AshleshaJS requires NodeJS >=0.6.0, REDIS and CouchDB to be present on the machine.
Run the following command to install AshleshaJS
npm install ashleshajs -g
This will install the framework as global module.
- mkdir myapp - npm install ashleshajs - cd myapp - node ashleshajs app
This will generate an application in the directory app. Then you can build the app.
- node ashleshajs build - node ashleshajs server
This will start the server on port 8888.
Visit http://localhost:8888/ to visit the web app.
The main application file is config.js
There are three types of configuration objects.
- Configuration that resides only on server
- Configuration that resides only on client
- Configuration that is common to both