Angular directive to turn a single field into several fields that remain interconnected
Turn a single input field, into a multi-field input. This new field has the following features:
- Default value: Allowing for inline labels
- Auto blur/focus: When the users enters maxlength characters into one of the fields, the focus is automatically changed into the next field.
- Glue string: Used when joining the values of partial fields
- Gracefull degradation: If no JS is enabled, then the original input field is used.
You don't! The directive updates the original field while keeping it hidden, that way you can include the directive into an already created form without having to change the way you send the information.
$ npm install angular-field-splitter
angular-field-splitter.js into your project, simple!
The main directive provided is:
split-field, just by adding it to an input field, it'll work.
There are several attributes that can be passed, allowing for some customization:
- split-default-value: The text used on the input when there is no text entered by the user (default: XXX)
- split-max-length: The max length allowed for that input (default: 3)
- split-into: Number of fields to split the original one into. (default: 3)
- split-glue: String to be used to join the fields and their value (default: "-")
- split-glue-original: When updating the original input field, do we use the glue string or not? (default: true)
Here are some basic code examples:
Using some of the configuration options:
<input type="text" name="date" field-split split-default-value="XXX" split-max-length="3" split-into="3" split-glue="-" />
Now using some method calls instead of static values as attribute values:
<input type="text" name="date" field-split split-default-value="getDefaultValue()" split-max-length="3" split-into="3" split-glue="-" />
If you have questions, or just want to send your love/hate, drop me an e-mail at: email@example.com
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2013 Fernando Doglio
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.