Algolia CSV toolbox
What is this project about?
It's a CLI and library to easily upload CSV files to Algolia in an efficient manner without limitations.
- uses the header (first line of the csv file) to set the name of the columns
- automatically detects the types of the fields
- adds an objectID automatically if not set (useful for public datasets)
- uses batch best practices to upload to Algolia
- based on streams
Installation / usage
- Node + npm
- an algolia account and and API key that can upload (not the search API key)
npm install -g algolia-csv
You must have a file in which the first row contains the name of all the fields.
algolia-upload $APP_ID $API_KEY $indexName $file|$url [-d $delimiter] [-b $batchSizer] [--clear-index] [--parse-arrays=$column]
Mandatory parameters are the aplication id, a key with write rights, the target index name and the input CSV (locally or accessible with http/https).
-dlet you set the delimiter used in your file. This should be set in quotes. Default is ','.
-blet you set the batch size. Default is 10000.
--clear-indexforces the index to be cleared before uploading the new data.
--parse-arrays=let you specify if a column value should be splitted with ',' before uploading the data. More than one column can be set.
--geo-colums=latCol,longCollet you specify two columns that are to be used for creating the special algolia attribute
As a library
npm install --save algolia-csv
var algoliaCsvTools = ;algoliaCsvTools;