Full Documentation: http://adaptivejs.mobify.com/
Getting started with Adaptive.js development involves a few steps:
- Clone this repository
- Install dependencies
- Generate test project
- Link local adaptive.js repository to project
- Test your changes
To begin, clone this repository.
cd into your chosen folder, and run the following:
This will prepare your local adaptive.js environment for development.
The following dependencies will need to be installed to preview your changes:
These dependencies and their installation are described in greater detail in our Getting Started guide.
Once you have installed the previous dependencies, download the Adaptive.js Generator using the following command:
npm install -g generator-adaptivejs
After installation of the generator has finished, create a new directory for your test project using the generator. Run the following to generate a new project:
Answer the questions asked by the Yeoman generator to complete the process.
To link your local Adaptive.js repository for use as a Node module within the test project, run the following:
cd <your_adaptivejs_repo> npm link cd <your_test_project> npm link adaptivejs
Now any changes you make to your repository will be reflected in your test project.
cdinto your test project directory
- Using a browser, navigate to http://preview.mobify.com
- In the 'Site URL' field, enter the website you want to adapt. NOTE: The site must have a Mobify tag installed.
- In the 'Bundle Location' field, enter
- Press the 'Preview' button and you should see your test project adaptation
To run tests in the terminal, run the following:
To run your tests in the browser, run the following:
and browse to: http://localhost:8888/tests/
When releasing a new version, follow these steps:
- Make sure all tests pass locally using
- Make sure all tests pass on Saucelabs with
- Bump version in package.json
- Add to CHANGELOG
- Create a new git tag corresponding to that version and push to origin.
- Update https://cloud.mobify.com/docs/adaptivejs/changelog/
- Update http://adaptivejs.mobify.com/docs/install/ with the latest recommended versions of Node, NPM, etc.