Tie allows interfaces to be defined between Lua OOP and Roblox objects. This is designed in part to replace BinderGroups, which were a way to previously allow systems to interface with each other in a generic way. Instead, an object may implement a TieInterface, which is basically bindable functions/events.
npm install @quenty/tie --save
This package does two things. First of all, it basically automates the creation of interfaced definitions, that is, tying a Lua object to BindableEvent/BindableFunction definitions. Second of all, it lets objects be centralized as an interface definition.
Changes to make
- Ensure tie properties can be attributes
- Allow tie functions instead of methods
- Add tie library as a primary interface (less OOP)
- Ensure you can ad-hoc create a tie (low-level scripting)
- Support tagged ties with
- Ensure ties can be queried via CollectionService
- Allow client implementation of server-based ties