A Turndown plugin which adds GitHub Flavored Markdown extensions.
The test page can be found here.
The changes are:
- migrated to node v5
- upgraded inclusion of turndown npm package to 7.0.0
- support tables with
- support conversion of a multi-lines cell to a single line cell
- pipe character
|are properly escaped in a table cell
- fix support for tables with no row
- support for
- nested table inside a table render as is, gfm is not applied
- added more test cases accordingly
- [ ] rowspan support
- [ ] support for relaxed and strict gfm (not html) rendering. So new lines, nested tables would render differently
npm install @guyplusplus/turndown-plugin-gfm
<script src="https://unpkg.com/turndown/dist/turndown.js"></script> <script src="https://unpkg.com/@guyplusplus/turndown-plugin-gfm/dist/turndown-plugin-gfm.js"></script>
// For Node.js var TurndownService = require('turndown') var TurndownPluginGfm = require('@guyplusplus/turndown-plugin-gfm') var turndownService = new TurndownService() TurndownPluginGfm.gfm(turndownService) var markdown = turndownService.turndown('<strike>Hello world!</strike>')
turndown-plugin-gfm is a suite of plugins which can be applied individually. The available plugins are as follows:
gfm(which applies all of the above)
So for example, if you only wish to convert tables:
var tables = require('turndown-plugin-gfm').tables var turndownService = new TurndownService() turndownService.use(tables)
turndown-plugin-gfm is copyright © 2017+ Dom Christie and released under the MIT license.