Platform independent binary installer of FFmpeg for node projects. Useful for tools that should "just work" on multiple environments.
Installs a binary of
ffmpeg for the current platform and provides a path and version. Supports Linux, Windows and Mac OS/X.
A combination of package.json fields
os let's the installer only download the binary for the current platform. See also "Warnings during install", below.
npm install --save @ffmpeg-installer/ffmpeg
const ffmpeg = ;console;
const ffmpegPath = path;const spawn = spawn;const ffmpeg = ;ffmpeg;
const ffmpegPath = path;const ffmpeg = ;ffmpeg;
Warnings during install
Downloaded from the sources listed at ffmpeg.org:
- Linux 32-bit: (20170919-g18821e3ba1): https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/
- Linux 64-bit: (20170919-g18821e3ba1): https://www.johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/
- Mac OS/X (87313-g73bf0f4): https://evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/
- Windows 32-bit (20170915-eea64ef): https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/
- Windows 64-bit (20170918-18821e3): https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win64/static/
For version updates, submit issue or pull request.
Upload new versions
In every updated
npm run upload
- node-ffprobe-installer - fork of this project that does the same thing for FFprobe