This package can be used in the browser or as node package, the former requires less configuration, but the latter can be useful if including as part of a SPA.
Installation and Usage
The tracking script can be included directly using a CDN, by default it tracks views. Include it in your page tag for the dataset landing page.
The script can be configured with various options using data attribute tags.
- data-repoid - required - This is the unique identifier for tracking your usage analytics - This will be provided by DataCite
- data-doi - optional - The DOI you want to track - This can be optionally removed and the code will scan for the DOI in schema.org, DC metadata, URL
- data-metric - optional - Type of metric to track, either 'view' or 'download' - defaults to metric
- data-endpoint - optional - Advanced usage to specify a different API endpoint where events are sent - defaults to https://analytics.datacite.org
<!-- Track View --> <script defer data-doi="10.5072/1234" data-repoid="example.com" src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@datacite/datacite-tracker"></script> <!-- Track Download --> <script defer data-doi="10.5072/1234" data-repoid="example.com" data-metric="download" src="https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@datacite/datacite-tracker"></script>
- npm run build - Builds the TS package and puts in dist
- npm run rollup - Builds minified JS version for inclusion in pages
- npm ci - For CI usage generally but runs both of the above