Makes useful commands available in the command line for working with the Buffer codebase.
How to use
Install buffer-cli globally:
npm i -g @bufferapp/buffer-cli.
Commands below will be automatically available in the command line.
create-buffer-package <package-name> [--es5]
Creates a repo that's ready to be published on npm, with a base environment development configuration.
By default, such a repo will be automatically transpiled for use in es5 environments upon publishing. If you're writing es5 code only and don't want to transpile your code, pass the optional
--es5parameter when creating the repo.
To add a new command:
- Create a new JS file in /bin
- Wire up that file to the desired command in package.json's
- Document that command in the Available commands paragraph above
- Bump the buffer-cli version using semver
- Publish the new version of buffer-cli to npm, and share this new addition with the team
on Discourse while inviting them to
npm update -g @bufferapp/buffer-cli