Get started with Azure Communication Services by using the Communication Services calling client library to add voice and video calling to your app. Read more about Azure Communication Services here
- An Azure account with an active subscription. Create an account for free.
- A deployed Communication Services resource. Create a Communication Services resource.
- A user access token to enable the calling client. For more information, see Create and manage access tokens
- Optional: Complete the quickstart to add voice calling to your application
Install the SDK
npm install @azure/communication-common --save npm install @azure/communication-calling --save
The Communication Services Web Calling SDK must be used through
https. For local development, use
localhost or local 'file:'
- Release notes
- API usage samples - These are 'how-to-guides' that show how to use various APIs of this SDK with code snippet examples.
- Voice and Video Calling quickstart - This is a quick start application to get started with voice and video calling.
- Sample Applications - Pre-built sample applications with full calling experiences.
- Overview - Concepts, supported environments, and best practices.
- Submit issues/bugs on github - For support and submitting issues, please visit our GitHub page.
- API Reference
If you are working with Teams users, please follow the
Teams identitiesdocumentation in the list for example and usage