The official library for Firebase and Angular
What is AngularFire?
- Observable based - Use the power of RxJS, Angular, and Firebase.
- Realtime bindings - Synchronize data in realtime.
- Authentication - Log users in with a variety of providers and monitor authentication state.
- Offline Data - Store data offline automatically with AngularFirestore.
- Server-side Render - Generate static HTML to boost perceived performance or create static sites.
- ngrx friendly - Integrate with ngrx using AngularFire's action based APIs.
- Manage binary data - Upload, download, and delete binary files like images, videos, and other blobs.
- Call server code - Directly call serverless Cloud Functions with user context automatically passed.
- Push notifications - Register and listen for push notifications
- Modular - Include only what's needed. No AngularFire package is above 3kb with most under 2kb (gzipped).
Stackblitz Template - Remember to set your Firebase configuration in
npm install firebase @angular/fire --save
Interacting with your database(s)
Firebase offers two cloud-based, client-accessible database solutions that support realtime data syncing. Learn about the differences between them in the Firebase Documentation.
AngularFirestoreallows you to work with Cloud Firestore, the new flagship database for mobile app development. It improves on the successes of Realtime Database with a new, more intuitive data model. Cloud Firestore also features richer, faster queries and scales better than Realtime Database.
AngularFireDatabaseallows you to work with the Realtime Database, Firebase's original database. It's an efficient, low-latency solution for mobile apps that require synced states across clients in realtime.
Send push notifications
Directly call Cloud Functions
Deploying your application
Firebase Hosting is production-grade web content hosting for developers. With Hosting, you can quickly and easily deploy web apps and static content to a global content delivery network (CDN) with a single command.
Angular Universal is a technology that allows you to run your Angular application on a server. This allows you to generate your HTML in a process called server-side rendering (SSR). Angularfire is compatible with server-side rendering; allowing you to take advantage of the Search Engine Optimization, link previews, the performance gains granted by the technology, and more. Learn more about Angular Universal.
- Getting started with Angular Universal
- Deploying your Universal application on Cloud Functions for Firebase
- Prerendering your Universal application