It was originally forked from zigbee-shepherd with the goal to refactor it to improve maintainability.
sendWhenActivehas been replaced with
controller.touchlinkFactoryResethas been renamed to
- options.network.extenedPanID -> options.network.extendedPanID (typo fix)
- endpoint.bind.cluster will now return cluster object instead of cluster number
- controller.start() renamed
resettedstart result to
- Removed controller.softReset() -> use controller.reset('soft') now
- Removed group.get('groupID') -> use group.groupID now
- Removed device.getEndpoints() -> use device.endpoints now
- Removed device/endpoint.set() -> directly set properties now (e.g. device.modelID = 'newmodelid')
- Removed device/endpoint.get() -> directly get properties now (e.g. device.modelID)
- Removed group.getMembers() -> use group.members now
- Removed endpoint.deviceIeeeAddress -> use endpoint.getDevice().ieeeAddr
Zigbee2MQTT is a Zigbee to MQTT gateway. It bridges events and allows you to control your Zigbee devices via MQTT. Allows you to use your Zigbee devices without the vendors or propritary and closed sources bridges or gateways. Zigbee2MQTT also keeps track of the state of the system and the capabilities of connected devices. It uses zigbee-herdsman as a module to handle low-level core Zigbee communication.
ioBroker is an home automation integration platform that is focused on Building Automation, Smart Metering, Ambient Assisted Living, Process Automation, Visualization and Data Logging. It uses zigbee-herdsman for its Zigbee integration.