npm package for generating random maps for 2016 battlecode
zden (zombie den? zombie eden? no one knows) creates a bunch of maps for you to test your bot on! You can easily create 100s of random maps (so you should probably be using archon to test).
npm install -g zden
zden -n 100
Will create 100 maps in the current directory!
zden -n 100 -d maps/
Will create 100 maps in the maps/ directory!
- between 30x30 and 80x80
- rubble <= 1,000,000
- zombie den placement [1-8 dens] follows the spec (30% closer to one player)
- zombie spawn schedule from light to max
- random terrain
- random parts
- random neutrals (including up to 4 archons)
- starting archons [1, 4]
- archons start together, or seperate
- all the rotations, symmetry!
- descriptive names!
z in [0, 3] represents the number of zombie spawns on the map (0 light schedule, 3 max schedule) r in [0, 9] represents the amount of rubble on the map the higher the number the more rubble *note: this is a log scale on average rubble per square a in [1, 4] represents the number of starting team archons d in [2, 4, 6, 8] represents the total number of starting dens
d params can be explicity assigned.
- if you wanted to create 10 maps with a light zombie schedule:
zden -z 0 -n 10
- if you wanted to create 10 maps with 4 team archons:
zden -a 4 -n 10
- if you wanted to create 10 maps with 8 starting dens:
zden -d 8 -n 10
- if you wanted to create 10 maps with light Z, 4 archons and 2 dens:
zden -z 0 -a 4 -d 2 -n 10
If you'd like to see something please open an issue or submit a PR!