XREC - Desktop recorder for x11 (xorg).
xrec helps you capture any area of your screen either as a screenshot or record a gif file.
Would you like record something like this ?
xrec is exactly for it !
- Proof of concept :P
- I'm just tired implement different hacks with different tools.
- This tool just made by me for me, but i think it may help someone else, therefore i share it with BSD License.
- Measure region of the screen
- Small amount of dependencies.
How to install ?
npm install -g xrec
How to run it ?
I'll share the
--help output here.
Usage: xrec [options] <file ...>Options:-h, --help output usage information-V, --version output the version number-d, --delay [seconds] delay before start recording-r, --rate [milliseconds] capture frames rate-c, --count [number] total frames to capture-q, --quality [number] compression level
- Fix relative paths
- Cursor capture support
- Less numbers for default gif recording settings to make it slightly better
-qOption helps change
- screenshot.gif remade with new default settings
BSD (c) Svetlana Linuxenko